The Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen moved to Australia last year with their children.
On Saturday, the Perth-born star, 45, spoke to Stellar magazine about her family’s decision to relocate from Los Angeles to Perth.
‘When I’m in Australia, I just feel so safe, I guess the word is cosy.’ ‘I grew up there,’ she said.
‘When I’m at home, I’m the happiest.’ When I’m not here, I regret it. When I’m in Australia, I don’t feel any pressure. I’m not required to say, do, or be something. ‘I mean, I don’t even have to put on shoes,’ the Godmothered actress concluded.
She also mentioned motherhood briefly in the interview, a subject she adores but seldom mentions in order to preserve her children’s privacy.
Sacha Baron Cohen, Isla’s comedian partner, has three children with her.
‘Both parents are only trying to shield their children,’ she told the newspaper. And I believe it is up to them if they wish to be in the spotlight. They’ll be haunted if I offer some quotes about them. One day, they’ll be teens!’
Isla and Sacha first met at a party in Sydney in 2002, and after she converted to Judaism, they married in Paris in 2010.
At the end of last year, the pair briefly moved to flee ‘Trump’s America.’
In 2018, the star of the shopaholic confessions, Marie Claire from Australia, said the Sacha meeting was like “playing the lottery.”
‘Juggling a family in LA isn’t easy,’ Isla confessed to the publication at the time, having moved to the city early in her career.
‘There isn’t really a culture of taking your children to dinner parties or restaurants after 6 p.m.,’ says one father. I like to entertain at home and it is better to put your children to bed and share a bottle of wine with friends.’
Isla’s first major television appearance was as Shannon Reed on Home and Away, which she played from 1994 to 1997.
She finally relocated to the United States in 2002, and her big break was in the 2005 sitcom Wedding Crashers.
She’s appeared in a slew of films since then, including Secrets Of A Shopaholic, The Big Gatsby, Now You See Me, and Nocturnal Creatures.
- Home and Away Spoilers – Will Willow be forgiven dean and Bella?
- Home and Away joins list of Canberra productions
- 8 huge questions that arises after this week’s episodes of Australian home and away
- From Summer Bay babes to the radio waves – a full list of the Aussie A-listers returning to the D-floor on Dancing with the Stars
- Bec Hewitt shows off her six-pack abs in a white crop top as she heads to Dancing With The Stars rehearsals with her hunky dance partner… as her husband Lleyton heads to watch his wife on the show with their children
- Former Home and Away star Lincoln Lewis finishes filming action-thriller Black Site with Hollywood A-listers Michelle Monaghan and Jai Courtney
- Living a rich life! Pia Miller travels via private jet to Melbourne with her son and his sports team after being reunited with her multimillionaire fiance Patrick Whitesell