Home and Away, which was shot in Yass, starred Ray Meagher. Insets: Liam Neeson’s stunt driver; Antoni Porowski and Bobby Berk from Queer Eye; Deborah Mailman and Rachel Griffiths from Absolute Power. Getty, Keegan Carroll, Karleen Minney, and John Platt photos
Another film or television team has set up shop in the city after another week in the capital.
The Australian soap opera Home and Away is the most recent crew to visit the area, with a seven-day shoot in Yass wrapping up on Friday.
While the Australian soap opera is keeping quiet on what took the cast and crew to the region – in order to prevent spoilers for the upcoming episodes – The rising list of production institution in the area has been added. Furthermore, it is the most recent addition to a growing roster of non-political works.
The crew of the US production of Blacklight, a thriller starring Liam Neeson, filmed several car chases in Canberra’s city centre in January. At the beginning of last year, the horror film Sissy, with Aisha Dee from the Brave Kind, was filmed in Canberra and Canberra, while Queer Eye fired at Yass, was not long ago sweated in fab five fever.
Canberra video shoots, according to Monica Penders, CEO of Screen Canberra, are here to stay.
COVID also seen a spike in the number of American films coming to Australia. The studios in Brisbane and Sydney are fully booked for the next five years with Marvel and Disney films. Canberra is aiming to absorb some of the excess from these shows.
You’ll need to soundproof them as much as possible, but having a warehouse room will be extremely beneficial.”
The number of American films coming to Australia has also risen, according to COVID. Marvel and Disney films are entirely booked in Brisbane and Sydney studios for the next five years. Canberra is trying to suck up more of the waste from these cases.
While you’ll need to soundproof them as much as possible, getting a warehouse space will come in handy.”
Film and television crews are no strangers to the city, with political dramas such as ABC’s Total Control being filmed here. Ms Penders, on the other hand, said that a political backdrop was just the beginning of what the capital had to offer film crews.
In consequence, we expect to put a gathering of leading leaders from around the country for a reception in Canberra.
As a result, we expect to host a reception in Canberra by leading leaders all over the world.
- 8 huge questions that arises after this week’s episodes of Australian home and away
- From Summer Bay babes to the radio waves – a full list of the Aussie A-listers returning to the D-floor on Dancing with the Stars
- Bec Hewitt shows off her six-pack abs in a white crop top as she heads to Dancing With The Stars rehearsals with her hunky dance partner… as her husband Lleyton heads to watch his wife on the show with their children
- Former Home and Away star Lincoln Lewis finishes filming action-thriller Black Site with Hollywood A-listers Michelle Monaghan and Jai Courtney
- Living a rich life! Pia Miller travels via private jet to Melbourne with her son and his sports team after being reunited with her multimillionaire fiance Patrick Whitesell