Anna May Samson, who starred in the TV show Home and Away, has retaliated against bullies since being subjected to horrific online abuse.
The 30-year-old actress, who recently joined the iconic Channel Seven soap, pleaded with her trolls to ‘find something else to do with their time’ on Wednesday.
Anna shared her joy at being cast in the ‘iconic piece of Australian entertainment,’ but expressed regret that her moment had been’spoiled by the culture of online bullying.’
Anna, who portrays Mia Anderson on the TV show, admitted that her physical presence has been criticised.
She said, ‘People still believe they have the right to shame, comment on, and bully women about their looks.’
‘This isn’t anything new. It’s part of a cowardly society. Cruelly criticising our weight gain or loss, our appearances, our decisions, and our voices.
‘I’d advise these social media trolls to find something more productive to do with their time.’ You are complicit in a deeply controversial and harmful society.’
After Anna’s dramatic message, her Home and Away co-stars raced to her defence.
‘Angel, I just came across this….’ I’m so sad to know that people are behaving in such a deplorable way. You’re brave, kind, amazingly creative, and stunning on the inside and out. ‘Don’t let someone dim your smile, I’m here to help,’ Sam Frost wrote.
Ethan Brown said, ‘Well said my mate, we have you.’
‘Don’t be a fool. Those are my acquaintances. Rob Kipa-Williams said, “Think before you write.”
Anna and Sam Barrett, who plays her on-screen daughter Chloe, joined the cast of Home and Away earlier this year.
- Home and Away confirms three new aims for scheming Susie McAllister
- Home and Away: Amber rejects Dean, and Chloe kisses Ryder, leaving him perplexed.
- Home and Away leaves Ari Parata’s fate uncertain after hit and run accident
- Home and Away Spoilers – Marilyn is drunk and faces a shocking accident which lands her in hospital!
- Bec Hewitt and Lincoln Lewis makes a RETURN to Home and Away as they join Ada Nicodemou and Luke Jacobz for a set visit
- In 2007, Lincoln Lewis joined home and Away Set and we haven’t stopped thinking about it since